Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times with Kim Klein
Raising money is hard, but after this workshop you’ll have tools to overcome the obstacles. Join Kim, an expert on fundraising for organizations that work for social justice, and discover what a systematic and disciplined fundraising program looks like, how to create a message that raises money, why people who have jobs are your best prospects and which strategies reach them, the importance of segmenting your donors and how to work with each segment, and how to mobilize your board and other volunteers to raise money. You’ll learn why building a broad base of donors is crucial and how you can do that by creating a clear and compelling case, identifying prospective donors, asking for money in person, and building a team of people willing to ask. You’ll work with partners to practice phoning to set up meetings, and you’ll work in twos and threes to practice asking for money in person. You’ll come out ready to fundraise like a pro.
- October 22 - 24, 2017
- Rowe Center, Rowe, MA
- Register here
Fundraising for Social Change with Kim Klein
The premise of fundraising for social change is simple: it is possible to raise the money you need to do the work you want. It is not necessary to compromise your values or change your programs and it doesn’t matter if you work in a rural or urban community. Fundraising is also part of community organizing and can be built into everything an organization does.
In this intensive residential workshop, you will learn:
- that most money is given away by individuals & that most of those people are not rich
- how to identify people who might donate to your organization
- different fundraising strategies and which ones work for which people
- how to build a team of volunteers willing to help raise money for your organization
- how to ask for money in person
- how to create a fundraising plan and keep track of your progress
This workshop is designed for small organizations (budgets under $1,000,000) working for social justice.
- November 24-26, 2017
- Tatamagouche Centre, Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
- Register here